Thursday, June 01, 2006

Missing Blog Posts

Once upon a time, I deleted my blog very suddenly. Without backing it up. It wasn't an accident, but it was a rash, emotional decision. What's interesting is that the months that got deleted, January through July 2006, are the months in my memory that are the most empty.

I returned from the UAE emotionally broken and deeply in need of sleep. 9 months of chronic insomnia will do that to you. So I slept alot.

When I finally woke up, sometime around May, I began learning how to quilt. Quilting sort of woke up my spirit that summer (2006), and brought me back to myself, to reality, and to well...the need to get back overseas.

I'm sad those blog posts are gone. In particular, I remember one rainy night when my windshield wipers went flying off and I was stranded somewhere in nowheresville Virginia...and then two weeks later the new windshield wipers flew off in a repeat event. I wish I had those stories, because I can't recall any more about them than the sentence above. Oh well.

Thus the small explanation for the big 7 month hole in my blog. Maybe I'll fill it with some flashback posts from Portugal, Sri Lanka, and India, which were all pre-blog days. Maybe it'll stay the black hole of my blog and memory. Maybe that time of my life just wasn't meant to be on the World Wide Web.

No comments: