Monday, April 09, 2007

Nothing new to tell

April 9, 2007

I'm still alive, I promise. It's just that usually when I'm on the internet now-a-days, I just send and receive my email through Outlook and then hop back off. Sorry. We've applied for internet (and phone, for those of you waiting for me to call you), and so now it's just a matter of time before I'm fully connected to the world again. I've sort of forgotten what it feels like to be in touch with the world.

I'm trying to think of other things to tell.

Spring is Paris is the most splendid thing and I just LOVE being here. It's been beautiful for about a gazillion days in a row. There are flowers (especially tulips) everywhere, and all the cherry blossom trees are beginning to bloom.

I got my hair cut--about maybe 6 0r 8 inches or so wacked off the length.

I learned how to talk in the conditional this week...so lots of conversations like, "If I were a colour, I would be..." I'm currently at 8 or9 different verb tenses. That's amazing, huh?

Someone looked at me and Sue-Wee today and said, "Bonjour Madame" to me and "Bonjour Mademoiselle" to her. I don't know how that made me feel. Surely I don't look that much older than my roommate...

Sue-Wee, who does not drink out of the same cup as other people, gawked during communion at church yesterday. They use a communal cup that everyone drinks out of, and then a small tissue to wipe their germs off of. When the cup came to her, she faked sipping it, which nearly made me laugh out loud during Easter communion.

I'll try to write more later this week.

No comments: