May 11, 2007
(If you don't know about the French Dell house call situation, read the next post before this one...)
So you'll recall that French Dell called on Wednesday to make a rendez-vous with me to come sometime between 9am and 6pm on Friday, right?
Sue-Wee had to be somewhere to be all morning, which would mean that I would be home all by my lonesome with this (probably) male technician. I don't like doing that... so I called the MMTAT's to see if one or both of them could come hang out at my place during the morning while I waited for this guy. They had plans. So I called two American friends who live clear on the other side of town (and who are always pretty busy) to see if they just happened to have the morning free. Suprise! One of them did! I couldn't believe it. She was going to have to leave her house by no-later-than 8am to get to mine by 9... We figured she could stay until Sue-Wee returned, right? I was planning on having this long day hanging out in the Clown Street apartment.
I'm dead asleep in a dream this morning when I hear Sue-Wee at my bedroom door.
"Soj? The MMTAT's just called my cell phone. The Dell guy called their house and said he'll be here in 20 minutes."
"Uggghhh...what time is it?"
"8:04."
Whatever happened to 9am? Whatever happened to when-overseas-everything-is-unpredicatable-and-never-ever-ever-on-time? Whatever happened to Latin-people-are-always-late? Whatever happened to inshallah? (Oh yeah, they didn't say inshallah to me...)
I jumped out of bed and tried calling the friend who was coming. I missed her by minutes. I threw on some clothes, spilled coffee all over the place, and got my eyes open by the time the guy rang the doorbell.
He'd replaced the motherboard, gotten everything working and left before 9am, which is precisely when my friend rang my doorbell. She just laughed when I told her that he'd already come and gone.
Well, my computer works great now. Nothing in the hard drive was ruined. And I got to spend the morning hanging out with my friend. (I told her the whole computer story was just a ploy to get her to come visit on my side of town...)
Now if I could just ever get that silly thing called the internet installed...
4 comments:
I betcha ya know what a motherboard looks like now, don't ya!
Love ya!
-fatherbored
Well, good to hear that the little Computer that Could is back. Hopefully there will be no more Incidents of Powercord Tripping :-)
So my mom asks me if I asked the Dell guy why he came so early. I told her, "No...that would have meant speaking French before 9am, and I don't do that."
How's that for a "Good Morning Sunshine?!" well, congrats to you friend and welcome back computer!
cheers,
gerber daisey
Post a Comment