Thursday, February 11, 2010

California


I had too much fun in California to blog. Egads. Well, here are few bullet highlights.

When I booked my ticket from Alabama to California back in November, I never thought to (a) check the date of the college football championship game or (b) that Alabama would be in said game, which happens to be in, you know, California. So the night before my flight, dad and I were discussing what time to leave for the airport. Says me, "Well, it is Huntsville. There's never anyone there ever. We don't need to get there too early." We showed up, Dad dropped me off, and I walked in to a shocking scene.

Every person in northern Alabama who could afford a plane ticket was in the airport...or so it seemed. And they were all wearing that awful crimson color, and saying those ugly words, "Roll Tide." I felt like a spy in enemy territory, and was glad I hadn't worn my Auburn sweatshirt. It was a rough flight for this War Eagle girl, flying from Alabama to California the day before the championship game. But I survived. And congrats to Bama. I don't like you, but you earned your title this year. (My brother might skin me for that!)

First stop in California: Point Mugu Naval Base, where Lanola and her husband are stationed.



We watched surfers alot. We went whale watching and saw some awesome dolphins. That day was ended with one of the best sunsets I've ever seen. I'd post a photo of it, but um, posting photos on blogger is about the lamest ever.

Next, I went to Riverside to visit KKW. She wanted to get out of town, so we went up the Sequoia National Park to see some big trees.

No comments: