Thursday, March 18, 2010

Will no more Facebook mean more blogging?

I'm gearing up and getting ready to go! Here's the latest info...

  • I am pretty much packed. I need to weigh one more bag and get it as close to 50 lbs as possible. And I still have the carry-on left to do. But otherwise... the packing is done! 11 bags at 50 lbs each to go over the ocean in 3 separate trips.
  • For anyone who is interested in the break down: 4 bags of books, 1 bag of old journals, 1 bag of Sam's Club sized cooking items (a 7 lb bag of brown sugar!), 1 trunk of nick-nack items from around the world, 4 suitcases with clothes, shoes, 6 months worth of stuff like saline solution and body wash, games, and whatever else is left. I own no furniture, but I can live at peace knowing my feet look cute.
  • I'm headed to Auburn (war eagle!) this weekend to visit the family. Cause that's becoming the norm, you know...head to Auburn before heading overseas.
  • And because I don't know how to sit still...I have yet another trip planned into my last week in the US: headed to Florida to be in a wedding. I fly to Africa about 36 hours after they say "I do."
  • The big news (at least to me): I'm de-activating my Facebook account while I'm over there. I'll be studying language and I have a short amount of time to learn it. I don't want to be distracted. So...no more Facebook for me for at least six months. I will be blogging, both here and on the photoblog.
  • More big news (to me): I cut off a whole chunk of my hair for Locks for Love and then dyed the rest back towards my natural color. This is the shortest it's been since 2004, and the darkest it's been since my hair met the Marseille sunshine. Let's see how it reacts to the African sun...
  • And for anyone who's curious: I have so far kept my new years resolution and have not bought any books to read. (I've bought one cookbook and a few Bible studies, but those fall into my exception clause.) Considering the 4 suitcases listed above, I think I'll be alright on having something to read. :)
That's the latest from this nomad. I fly March 29!!!


1 comment:

Michelle said...

We like you even more now: War Eagle! :-)