Saturday, May 15, 2010

I'm a Rocket Woman!

I was introducing Roommate to Google Earth last night, which was fun enough in itself. We found our apartment, she showed me her house in her family's town, I showed her the Eiffel Tower and my parents' house in Alabama. Fun times.

Then I thought it would be cool to show her the space shuttle and rocket at the Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, since Google Earth is so cool with its street views.

She said in Arabic, "So now you're a rocket, not just an airplane!" I didn't know the word "rocket" so I only understood she was saying that I'm not an airplane.

"Did you just call me stupid?!"

She laughed and said no! It just makes sense that a girl as airplane (smart) as me would come from a rocket town...so I'm no longer just an airplane...I'm so smart I'm a rocket!

(Are you hearing Elton John in your head? You should be... "I'm a rocket man!")

So I walked into class today, where I'm always telling Teachers that I don't feel airplaneish, and said, "I'm NOT an airplane...I'm a ROCKET!"

They got a kick out of that...and proceeded to send my rocket brain into orbit by teaching me the hardest thing I've had to learn yet.

1 comment:

The Jeremy said...

And I think it's gonna be a long long time 'til touch down brings you 'round again to find you're not the woman they think you are at all. Oh no, no, no; you're a rocket woman.

Rocket Woman, burning out your fuse out there alone.

(This song will not leave my head for the next two days)