a. got up at 5:30am on Thanksgiving to get ready for class,
b. went to class to meet my new teacher and then asked for an excused absence for the rest of the day so I could prepare for and then celebrate Thanksgiving dinner,
c. spent the whole afternoon preparing my part of Thanksgiving dinner (not easy in a 2-burner, no countertop and only toaster oven'd kitchen),
d. enjoyed all evening eating and laughing with friends,
e. raced home to Skype my family,
f. and then went back outside at 9:00pm to walk around the city in the snow.
Yes, it snowed on Thanksgiving here. Click HERE to see photos from the night walk. Click HERE to see what it looks like in daytime, ie, the photos I took this morning once the sun had woken up (but never came out of the cloud-covers). I am thankful for the snow. It had been forecast for the whole week, but didn't show up until late Thanksgiving evening, and I was beginning to think it wasn't going to show, which was making me feel disappointed. Then, oh how big those flakes were and I literally jumped for joy. I've enjoyed it all day today. I'm thankful for pretty whiteness instead of driving rain. I'm thankful for the fun spirit it brings to the air and makes everyone laugh.
This year, I'm so thankful to finally be back in France. I'm thankful for free heating and a free cleaning lady! I'm thankful, as always, for my friends and family, for my health, and for the many abundant blessings the Lord has been faithful to give this year.
As I look back at the past year, here's my top 10 list of things I'm thankful for (in no particular order):
10. My time in North Africa. I've said it was the deepest, most rich learning experience I've ever been through.
9. Princess Leah. In French, she'll soon be my belle-soeur, which literally translated is my pretty sister, which is even better than sister-in-law, don't you think?
8. That I got so much concentrated time with my family.
7. The Radical Experiment.
6. All my trips I got to take: the cruise to the Bahamas, the trip to California, NY in the fall, etc.
5. That I've made it 11 months without buying a book. (WHAT?! Wow.)
4. For the Real McCoys in North Africa. How would I have survived without them?
3. For CSI here in Bes. I'd be so bored without her!
2. That the Suits finally made it overseas.
1. For Ephesians. Best part of my year.
Now I'm off to go eat some birthday cake with a certain 2 year old. Then watch the Iron Bowl. Oh yeah! I'm thankful that I just might actually be able to watch it live streaming online. War Eagle and Happy Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment