I know it's not the story you are familiar with, but in my universe, Master Yoda married Princess Leah. And it was awesome.
After the whole cancelled flight deal, and eating out/shopping spree, the wedding week was finally upon us. Master Yoda and Princess Leah were getting married in at Auburn Christian Fellowship, which is a student building after all, and so there was a wee bit of cleaning to do. I spent a whole afternoon cleaning a chalkboard, and a whole other morning scrubbing dustboards. It was fun, though, and I was glad to be able to do some (literal) dirty work for my bro.
That night was the rehearsal and then the rehearsal dinner. The rehearsal was fun, for certain. Right at the moment in the picture below it dawned on me...my baby brother was all grown up and GETTING MARRIED. As I watched him walk (pretend) down the aisle with Princess Leah on his arm, it all just sunk in. His whole life I'd thought about what kind of grown-up he'd be, what kind of job he'd end up getting, what kind of friends we'd be as we got older...but somehow I'd never thought about him being married. And then all of a sudden, there it was.
Saturday was a whirlwind of a day with getting ready, having photos taken, the ceremony, and then the reception. Before I knew it the day was over, and they were off on their honeymoon, and I was headed back to France.

Master Yoda and Princess Leah are one perfectly fit couple. She's perfect for him, he's perfect for her, and they just make sense together. I've always said my brother was awesome and I couldn't ask for a better brother. And now...I couldn't have asked for a better wife for him. I'm so thrilled to have a sister-in-law! (And by the way...she couldn't have been a prettier bride! She looked stunning, just stunning.)
Congratulations again, you two. I love ya both!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment