While in Aix at the beginning of the month, I took a few door photos. Aix is a great city for doors!
I intended to Instagram the door photos that day, but ended up posting this one instead:
Back before winter arrived, I posted that this right here was the reason I moved from Paris to Marseille all those years ago. Cloudy versus Sunny. 50's versus 70's.
The new view from my window. Do I like the Ferris Wheel? Looking at it? Yes. Riding it? Never. I do love my new view.
Especially at night when it's all lit up. So pretty!
I posted this in joy after Auburn beat Georgia two weeks ago. I post it in nervous anticipation for tonight's Iron Bowl. War Eagle!
Midwives were on strike one afternoon, sitting in an intersection and thus blocking traffic, buses and the tram.
A little photo I took for Thanksgiving before I put the harvest decorations away and put up the Christmas ones. Yay!
Last week, I baked around 100 cookies for an event the Center was participating in. This week I made 7 pies. Seven. Good thing I've joined a gym, huh?
These are just a few shots of the Christmas decorations I've got put up. In the middle row, on the right, is my Advent Wreath. You can see the small wooden Mary on a donkey to the left of the forest of candles wreath, and starting on December 1st, she'll work her way around the wreath as I do my advent devotionals each evening.
This year, I'm using two different devotionals for Advent. In the mornings, I'll be reading from Meditations from Advent: As Imagined Through the Eyes of Mary, by my friend, Debby Fahim. You can purchase it by clicking HERE. In the evenings, I'll be reading The Greatest Gift, by Ann Voskamp. (Would you consider clicking THIS FIRST before making any Amazon purchases this shopping season? Thanks!) Like every year, I'm looking forward to the season of slowing down and reflecting on Immanuel, God with us. Also, for Advent this year, I'm going to (try to) post a December Daily post that gives a glimpse into my life here in France. I'll be sending out a newsletter via email to explain a bit more. Hope you enjoy Advent this year! Let me know what ways you celebrate...I love hearing from you!

2 comments:
beautiful...the midwife strike is hilarious!
Where did you find the wooden Advent wreath pieces?
I posted a link to the wooden Advent wreath's website where you can purchase it as well. Ann Voskamp's son makes them...
Post a Comment