I updated the post from my final two days in Dixie. You can read about Christmas Eve HERE and Christmas Day HERE.
Now that I'm done editing all the photos, I am happy to post in one place all the door photos. Here we go! All but one were taken in J-town, most in the Old City.
In the modern part of the city, next to a mosaic shop.
Art Nouveau window.
At the Church of the Holy Sepulcher.
Inside the Church of the Holy Sepulcher.
Going out onto the roof of the Church of the Holy Sepulcher.
In the Old City.
Station of the Cross on the Via Dolorosa.
Near the Western Wall.
Old City.
This was on the right of the door above...
...and this was on its left...
In the Christian part of the city.
The Mosque of Omar...
My favorite door from J-town.
In the Armenian part of the city, a window.
Near the Joffa Gate.
In the modern part of the city.
In the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem.
In the Church of All Nations, the Garden of Gethsemane. Another favorite.
The gate at the Church of All Nations.
Next to the Upper Room.
Also next to the Upper Room.
I love going to a new place where the doors all seem new, like I'd never taken a door photo before. I wonder what doors in China or Argentina look like?































3 comments:
Well, doors made me think of you before you arrived...looks like they'll keep right on doing that!
That's a pretty stunning compilation.
I loved your December daily - I know it's a lot of work but I will miss it. All of the pictures from your trip are wonderful - where oh where will you go next? Love you.
so amazing!!! I wish America had such beautiful doors. I love the one with the snow in front, and the Gethsemane one.
Post a Comment