Sheffield is just on the edge of the Peak District, and since I didn't get much hiking done in the Lake District, why not try the peaks? Remember I said I was longing to see some nature, see some green. Oh my did I ever get some in on this day!
There was low lying cloud/fog when we reached the peak we were going to hike along...
Isn't it dreamy? Like I was hiking in Middle Earth or something.
The hike up to the peak warmed me up enough that I wasn't cold at all the whole time, despite a very runny nose and getting very wet.
The sun started trying to work its way back out from behind the clouds.
I don't think those photos needed much commentary, do you? Princess William and I had good long talks all along the way, and sometimes we just walked in silence, as time-tested good friends can do. On the way back to the car, I fell in love with the leaves on this tree:
These next photos are taken from the car. We were driving through a winding pass and it was awesome.
Stone wall.
Cave.
The sun shining off in the distance.
See that hill? It's the one Wesley rolled down as he yelled, "As you wish" to Buttercup, revealing his true identity...right before they headed into the Fire Swamp. Those trees? Fire Swamp. I didn't go in. I was afraid I would see some R.O.U.S.es.
I didn't see any Rodents of Unusual Size, but I did see this guy. Well, hello there Mr. Wooly Booly.
After heading back to town, we hung out at a pub with some of Princess William's friends, and then I went back to her house and headed to bed. This introvert girl likes pub food, but not so much pub scene. Being on vacation and all...I just wanted to sleep. On Sunday, I got to go to church in English. We sang in English. The sermon was in English. The people spoke to me in English. Shoot...the people WERE English! It was great. Then, nap (you know, I was on vacation and all). Not too shabby of a weekend: hiking, sleeping, English.



2 comments:
Love the Princess Bride references!
very Middle-Earthy indeed. Or Fire Swamp-y. Wonderful stuff!
Post a Comment