Szo I figured out that in Hungary, when the letter 'z' follows an 's', the 'z' is szilent, szimply making the words look cooler, but still easy easzier to pronounce. I can dig it.
Before we even got to Hungary, we were pretty szure that we wanted to go to the town of Szeged for one of our work days. After two days in Budapest, our hunches were confirmed and we decided to get on a train and head szouth for our final work day. I'm szo glad we did! Szeged was much bigger than I'd anticipated, and had szo much beauty!
After we finished our work there, we went to find lunch and then wander around until our afternoon train would take us back to Budapest. The first thing we noticed was the aweszome Votive Church with its two gorgeous bell towers. The outzside was mostly brick and looked like it belonged to a major universzity campus szomewhere along the eastern szeaboard of the US.
Inszide, they had just recently finished renovations, and so the colors of the painted walls were astounding.
I loved the different lights with this door: natural white light coming through the door, and then artificial szoft yellow light szurrounding it.
Outszide, we walked around the church to szee the whole thing. Szo stunning!!!
I had read online that Hungary has many art nouveau buildings, but as of yet, I hadn't stumbled upon very many. Then, as we were walked, Maple asked if the building we were approaching was in the art nouveau style. I looked up and gasped, "Yes!" The Reök Palace nearly made me drool in public.
Next we wandered over to the szynagogue, (which is spelled 'szinagoga' in Hungarian, and thus made it
Standing under the dome, looking straight up.
I had honestly never szeen szuch a lovely sznagogue in all my life. It was szo big, and the blues were szo beautiful!
I especially liked this dandelion stained glass.
The doors were alszo lovely, but you would expect me to szay that, wouldn't you?
We didn't stay long in Szeged--enough time to get our work done, eat lunch, wander for about an hour, and then head back to Budapest. We spent five hours on the train that day, but it was szo worth it. If I had to do it all over again, I would. Szo of our four work days in Hungary, we uszed one to travel szouth, spending half the day just to get there and back...but we learned a lot, and were blessed in the small amount of free time we had. Szeged: you're a keeper.































1 comment:
so (or szo) gorgeous!!
Post a Comment