Living overseas means missing very special happenings back home. Just during this term (a little over six months so far and we won't even TALK about the two years in Portugal), I have missed out on so much!
- My grandfather got remarried
- My great grandfather passed away
- My sweet brother turned 18, graduated high school, and got baptized
- My dad finished grad school
- Babies galore have been born (and several more to come in the next few months)
- Many of my friends graduated grad school
- Weddings! (So far I've only missed one, but there's another to come next month)
And now, today, another big event...
My parent's 25th wedding anniversary. 25 years! They survived all the bumps in the road (coughcoughcrazydaughtercoughcough) and are still hanging in there. 25 years seems like such a long time...I can hardly think past 1 or 2.
Congratulations Mom and Dad! I'm proud of yall, love yall, and miss you terribly today. Wish I could be there to celebrate with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment