I read last week that while God's words are omni-potent, because we are made in the image of God, our words have potency. His are omni (all) powerful, ours are not. But ours are still potent/powerful.
True.
Words have always plagued me. I love the way they can be woven to make something beautiful from my hand, and I hate the way they can be twisted to create such hurt from my mouth.
I was once dead in my sins, and my heart and mouth were a whitewashed tomb. As I am trying to figure out how to walk this earth as one whose new life is hidden in Christ Jesus, the grave clothes I must shed are the pride of my heart and filth of my mouth. This week has been one of seeing that I have not come very far in either area. Someone helped me to see how my words on this blog had been hurtful. Someone else left a comment about how self-centered I am.
Guilty on both accounts.
How grateful I am for grace. It lets me know that I have not been smote dead again in my sins. It gives me a hiding place where the Balm brings healing to my own wounds, even if I don't know how to give it back out for the wounds that I have caused. The omnipotent Word of grace speaks the truth that my self-centeredness WILL pass away and my tongue WILL be bridled into submission.
Until then, I must continue on with this potent ability to bless and curse from the same source. (I think someone said, "my friends, this should not be!") There is so much more I wish I could say here, but it might constitute a soapbox, on which I only wish to stand for willing listeners. But I will say this: I apologize for recent tirades about people I am supposed to be loving (mullahs, post office men and more), and I intend to take a bit of a different tone of voice from now on.
"Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."
No comments:
Post a Comment