I sat by the lake tonight to just be still. It was wonderful.
This past week has been...interesting. It started off with me and God wrestling--like Jacob on a stone wrestling--and of course God winning. I walked away from those three days in anticipation of what would come about as a result. I had not anticipated, though, what did occur.
First, I believe a spiritual attack that resulted in a whole new blog. Someone I don't know revealed to me that he had saved everything I'd ever written at the old place, as well as made it available on his website. I felt, feel, robbed. It's not like he came and stole my ipod, which can be replaced. And it's not like he stole something I didn't already have a copy of. But I still feel robbed. I reminded myself to store up my treasures in heaven, where theives cannot steal. My writings, my enjoyment of blogging, my nicknames for everyone in my world, etc., are all temporal and I realized this week that I can part with them--and rather quickly. But I still feel sad and a bit annoyed and well, robbed.
The next thing that happened that was that I came up with an idea (totally separate from the whole blog thing). It's an idea with the most miniscule possibility, but if it could happen...oh the excitement! It is the first idea of its kind that I have had in months, which in itself is exciting! I called someone on Thursday about it and was not turned down immediately. I still expect for it to be rejected, but hope that it might be accepted. And I realized that just having an idea really made me hopeful that maybe more ideas might follow.
I'm so curious to see what this week will look like. Still seeking God for direction on next steps. Still waiting on God to reveal, lead, do something. Still knowing that HE, and He alone, is my portion. And so it was good to sit by the lake and be still.
No comments:
Post a Comment