Wednesday, February 14, 2007

2.14.07

So before I moved to Paris, I had all these grand ideas of writing on a DAILY basis, whether in my blog or my journal or somewhere. As you faithful readers are well aware of by now, writing on my blog has not been a daily occurance. Neither has writing in my journal. I would love to write more, but well... it's just not happening right now. My apologies.

I have to write a poem--in FRENCH--for school tonight. To be turned in tomorrow. I'm a little excited and a little nervous. It has to be about which season I love the most in my city (in America) and why. I can think of much more interesting things to write a poem about than seasons...but oh well, that's the assignment.

And can I just say something? By the end of my first weeek in French class, I could talk about my dreams and my passions. I learned all the various terms of affection one can use with a "valentine" (or love) before I ever even learned how to talk about my family. And I learned the various forms of "I like, I love, I don't like, I detest, etc" weeks ago... Yet I have yet to learn any words for any kind of food. I only learned this week how to describe someone physically. I only learned this week how to talk about the weather. I think it just goes to show what things are important in this culture. But hey...I thought food was important to them, but I guess I don't need to know about that in my first seven weeks or anything.

In other news...

I still like Paris.
I still like learning French.
My camera is still broken. (More like: it's dead, never to return.)
I am not still sick, after more than two weeks. Doc said I had an infection AND a virus.
I still have no internet, no apartment, and no cell phone.
I would not say that I'm still in the "honeymoon" phase, but nor am I in culture shock.

Now I need to go work on that poem...

2 comments:

Aaron said...

How about:

L'automne de ma ville,
Vous ĂȘtes magnifique.
Vos couleurs sont belles,
Oui, ils sont chic.

:)

Glad you're better.
Sad you can't post more.

Booker said...

I can't write a credible comment right now. I shall return later, or earlier, whatever. Stupid timespace continuum...