So here are a few tidbits to update you on Soj's life.
1. My roommate accidentally stepped on the cord to my computer the other night, and the computer jettisoned off the table and crashed onto the floor. I am currently without a functioning computer. So even IF I had internet (which I still don't), I wouldn't be able to update the blog that often.
2. My roommate accidentally hit her head last night, causing it to bleed profusely, and giving us both quite the scare. She's going to survive though.
3. I started doing a part of my job this week (in French) all by myself. (Up until now, I'd been assisting someone else to learn how to do it). It's been great this week. I'm not just surviving--I'm enjoying myself.
4. I've discovered a cola-flavored ice cream popsicle that I love. It's yummy.
5. I accidentally said the f-word in language class. I didn't know if was the f-word at the time that I said it. We were discussing all the negative effects of smoking (besides health). I looked up the verb "to kiss" and my dictionary told me "baiser." So I raised my hand to say that to kiss someone who smokes tastes bad. (Not that I know anything about THAT.) My teacher sort of blanched for a moment, and then said in French, "Not baiser. Embracer." I said, "really? Embracer means to kiss? My dictionary says 'baiser.'" She replied, "That has a more sexual connotation. You shouldn't say that word." I later read in my French culture shock exactly what it meant. Needless to say, I was a little embarrassed.
6. For those of you who know what I'm talking about: I'm still sleeping on the floor and it'll be another week at least before my bed is assembled. Still no word on phone or internet. And with my computer broken, I no longer have access to your phone number. So if you want me to call you when I do get a phone, please email me your phone number. I promise I will call. I miss you. Other than the no computer, no bed, no phone, no internet--
Life is good.
3 comments:
My goodness! All I can say is that is was good to read your ending sentence.
Cause I know I'd be complaining like a motorboat :-)
Well, after several more events since I posted that post...I'm a little grumpy, needless to say.
More happenings!?
I trust you still have all your limbs? :-)
Post a Comment