One year ago today, I arrived in France. I have not stayed in any one place for one year since I left California back in 2004. It feels good. It also feels good to not have any plans to leave any time soon!
In one year, I have...
- Completed six months of language school
- Gone to Morocco, Portugal, and Italy
- Climbed the towers of Notre Dame three times
- Visited six chateaux
- Explored at least 12 museums
- Consummed more bread, chocolate, and cheese than ever before in my life!
I am looking forward to the year to come! I'm excited about being settled in for awhile. I'm excited about seeing what God will do in my life, and through my life in the lives of others. I'm hoping to see the Alps for the first time ever. My parents and grandparents are coming for a visit. One of my best friends is getting married. I'm going to read Les Miserables, the unabridged version--something I've wanted to do since college. Speaking of college, I will finish paying off my student loan this year. Starting next fall, I may begin working on my next language. It's going to be a good year.
Happy New Year everyone!
3 comments:
Congratulations to Soj and France!
Thanks for sharing several days of your year in France with me.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY SOJ!!! I'm so happy for you!!
and a Happy New Year to you too!
Post a Comment