Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Brain Confusion

Some people have been amused lately as I have tried to get back into using English idioms. My words get jumbled in my head. I've said things like, "More boom for my buck," and couldn't even get "let a dead dog lie" out at all.

Well, when I was back in Texas, my friends asked if like Tex Mex. I immediately pictured Chex Mix. And told them that yes, I do like it.

"Great! We know a great restaurant we'll stop at on our way to Houston, then."

I began to picture a Chex Mix restaurant. What in the world? I mean, I know America loves to have crazy stuff like restaurants that only serve Chex Mix. But really?

Then I slowly began to put all the points together. We were in Texas. Texans love Tex Mex. A Tex Mex restaurant would make so much more sense than a Chex Mix restaurant. Thankfully, I do like Tex Mex, which is what they had asked, and they were right--it was good.

During this Christmas season, though...I wouldn't mind having some Chex Mix too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hahaha
As a Texan, I don't see how you could ever hear Chex Mix before Tex Mex. If in doubt, Tex Mex, for sure. :)
~Megan