Friday, May 07, 2010

Cleaning House

Have you ever had one of the mornings that you want to crawl back into bed, fall back asleep, just so that you can wake up and start over? That was yesterday morning.

I woke up, stumbled into the kitchen, and began the process of making coffee. And in that process, spilt coffee grinds all over the counter top, myself, and the floor. Since I hadn't had any coffee yet, I sort of shrugged and continued on my sleepy little way.

Once the coffee was brewing and I'd cleaned up the grinds mess, I went to refill the water filter. And in that process, spilt water all over the counter top, myself, and the floor. By the time I'd finished that, the coffee was thankfully done brewing and I could enjoy what I'd worked so hard for that morning.

I set the coffee mug on the small stand that I have next to my bed that serves as a table top. (Up until this point, my room consisted of a bed, a mat on the floor, (so that I don't have to sit/walk on concrete), and my suitcases. As I tried to climb back on to my bed to begin reading my Bible while drinking my coffee...you guessed it.

I spilt the coffee.

But not just any spilt the coffee. It somehow projectiled itself from the stand it was on to the wall about two feet away, and all over all the books/paperwork/other stuff I have near my bed (that would be on a nightstand if I had one), and all over the carpet that is lying on top of the mat. I began to get a little grumpy and wondered what in the world the day was going to hold.

I cleaned off most of what I could. Washed the carpet. Threw away several papers. But the rather large coffee splattered stain on the wall? Yep...it refuses to come off.

I apologized to Roommate, who informed me that the Cleaning Lady would be coming today anyway. We have a Cleaning Lady?! Suh-weet!

Well, bless her heart. She tried scrubbing the stain and it still refuses to come off. We're going to try bleach...and after that? Paint.

So yeah, yesterday started off rough. But for the price of less than a night out at the movies, a sweet lady came and cleaned our whole house. And Roommate gave me a small table to put next to my bed. So now I have a nightstand/table and hopefully won't spill any more coffee. She offered me some candles to cover up the smell of coffee in my room (which doesn't bother me)...and we both laughed when she pulled out of her stock pile of candles two scented candles.

Two COFFEE scented candles.

2 comments:

Booker said...

Mmmmhhhmmmm, coffee smell. I've adjusted to the taste, preferably sweet, but the smell of coffee, I've loved ever since I first smelled it. Ahhhh, good stuff...

Anonymous said...

Do coffee candles smell better than chocolate candles? Chocolate candles are GROSS! -dad