The good news is that I get a 10 day break from class starting this coming Sunday.
The bad news is that I probably won't blog until the weekend. Sorry.
Things to look forward to during my 10 day break:
- My Butterfly friend is arriving this weekend!
- A trip to the Roman mosaic museum!
- A trip to another Roman ruins site!
- A national friend's wedding! (I've never been to a non-American wedding before, so I'm pretty excited about this.)
- Lots of language study!
- I can conjugate approximately 50 simple verbs in the present tense. (Rumor has it there are harder forms of verbs that I have not been introduced to, such as "to like". Since I can't say that yet, I say "I love a little" instead.)
- I can add a word that is like "will" to a verb to make it future tense. ("I will learn Arabic...")
- I learned the simple past tense last week, but I wouldn't really say that I can DO it yet. I need some time for it to soak in, and practice, practice, practice!
- I know my numbers, days of the week, family words, fruits and vegetables, colors, and a select random handful of other nouns. I only know maybe 15 adjectives, but so far they've been the only ones I've needed. (Big, small, good, bad, young, old, new, hot, cold, sweet, spicy, easy and difficult.)
- I can give directions to a taxi driver.
And I have a deep, deep respect for all those who have learned it.
Okay, so with all of that said...I need to get ready for class. Have a great week, and I'll be back to blogging soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment