Photos of the making of fresh lemonade HERE.
Photos of what happens during the day HERE.
Photos of the "bachlorette" party HERE.
Photos of the henna (non)slumber party HERE.
Photos of the day of the wedding HERE.
Photos of the results of the salon HERE. (See blog post below for full story).
Photos of my friends at the wedding HERE.
Photos of the actual wedding HERE.
Since you can't write comments on the photoblog, if you see something in the photos that sparks a question, post it here in the comments, and I'll do my best to answer it. Sometimes stuff here becomes common place to me and I forget that it's new/different to you and might need explaining. So ask any questions you want...and we'll see if I learned the answer over the weekend or not! :)
I'm still processing through the whole weekend...not sure how many blogs posts will actually get written. But keep checking back. And go look at the photos, since they tell so much. My facebook status pretty much says it all in one sentence.
3 days in a small North African town for a local friend's wedding = lots of henna, lots of couscous, lots of dancing, lots of saying "mafhemtesh" (I don't understand), lots of turning down offers to become Muslim, lots of culture, lots of laughter, lots of memories... and practically zero sleep.
2 comments:
wow. just wow.
the differences are amazing...but it still looks like a grand ol' time! I'm surprised at how revealing the bride's dress was! Also by how little food there seemed to be at the reception (well, the ceremony? is it all the same thing/time/event?). Was there in fact a meal, or just the candies and such?
There are more modest, conservative dresses for the women who cover. This friend does not cover, and thus, felt fine to show a little skin. The skirt part of her dress was supposed to come to just below the belly button, but for whatever reason, showing her belly button was just too much for her, so she pulled it up past there.
The "reception" and "ceremony" were all thing, and yes, very little food. Just the sweets, and one tuna/egg filled pastry, and a piece of cake. Which is why my friends had dinner at 3am.
Post a Comment