Sunday, October 10, 2010

'Blowing your top' redefined

I'm sure all of you have at least heard of horror stories about going through security at airports...and probably most of you have experienced it.

...Take your shoes, belt, hooded sweatshirt off, please...

...I'm sorry, ma'am, but I'll have to confiscate that expensive brand new tube of lipgloss...

...Could you step over here, please, so I can pat you down in the most uncomfortable places? How old are you? Six? Yeah, I still have to run the security scan gun over you...

ETC.

So when I landed in Munich, CSI and I had to go through security again. That's normal. I put all my stuff through, but didn't have to take my shoes off. That's not normal, but whatever.

After all my stuff goes through, one of the security guys comes over, takes my pillow from me, and rubs this white plastic thingy all over it and then walks away. A second security man takes my pillow away from me and puts it in the secure, guarded area on the table where they normally dig through your suitcase.

"We have to check your pillow for explosives, ma'am."

I laughed. I thought he was kidding. He wasn't. CSI comes over to me to see why I'm delayed, and I say, "He just said he's checking my pillow for explosives. I thought he was kidding, but the first man who rubbed some thingy all over the pillow just took the thingy to that room over there."

A few minutes later, the first man returns, gives the okay, and they hand my pillow back to me. The second man, keeping up the humor of the whole situation says, "Here you go, ma'am. We wouldn't want you to lose your head."

Hardy har har.

1 comment:

Chris and Kristi said...

That's hilarious!! Who thinks about saying that? :) Glad you made it safely.