Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Kung Fu Chiropractor

A few weeks ago, CSI got a terrible kink in her neck and couldn't even turn her head at all. So my boss's wife made a double appointment for the two of them to go to the chiropractor together. I didn't know there was a chiropractor in Marseille, so I was pretty excited to hear this news! I asked the boss's wife to please make me an appointment while she was there for hers.

Well, the next day, she and CSI begin recounting their experience at the chiropractor to the rest of us. They said they were sitting in the waiting room when they heard this scream that sounded like a kung-fu/karate chop "hiya!" CSI's eyes got big as she imagined what sort of pain this chiropractor must inflict to make someone cry out like that.

They went into the office, had a very weird conversation with the chiropractor, (not to be retold on the blog), and then CSI laid on the table to get her adjustment. All of a sudden, the chiropractor shrieked the karate chop "hiya!" right as she pressed down on CSI's shoulder. It wasn't the patient who was doing the screaming, it was the chiropractor!

The boss's wife said she watched the woman work, and she makes all these moves right before she presses down that make you think she's about to karate chop your back in two like it's a block of cement bricks. Oh man.

Well, my appointment was the next week, and I went in prepared for the "hiya" shrieking. She looked at my x-rays, asked some questions, and then had me lie down on the table. She did some massaging for a bit, a few small adjustments, and then, sure enough...HIYA! It's a little jolting to the nerves a bit, but it makes you laugh, and causes you to relax even more, which is a good thing.

So Kung Fu Lady has me move over to another table, and as I'm lying down, she asks me, "Have all your other chiropractor's used the same techniques as I do?" I said, "For the most part, yes. Well, excepting for the screaming." She laughed...and then she good-gamed me!

My kung-fu shrieking chiropractor spanked me on my bottom!!!

THEN, she says, "I bet you never had a chiropractor do that before!" No, no, I don't think that I have.

2 comments:

notpoems said...

...wow. just wow.

Greener Grasses said...

This was hilarious. Like notpoems comment: "wow. just wow."