When my friend, Creedance, asked me what I wanted to see/do while visiting her in England, I did a little search on the internet to find out what was around where she lived. Months before I ever even planned on going to England, I'd pinned a few things on Pinterest of places I'd like to go someday. Turned out three of the things I'd pinned were in driving distance of Birmingham! Yippee!
So we headed off to Gloucester Cathedral. Now, I am not normally one to want to go see a big European church. I've often said in the last fifteen years, "If you've see one big European church, you've pretty much seen them all. With a few exceptions." Exceptions like the Batalha in Portugal, Westminster Abbey in London, and Notre Dame in Paris, to name a few. Gloucester is an exception. I thought it would be because of the cloisters, but I found that it had more to offer than just the cloisters.
First, there was a very weird (and sometimes LOUD) art exhibit going on. I didn't really love most of the modern art...except for this maze of old books! Just my thing.
1 comment:
wow...you just gave me lots of reasons to go see Gloucester Cathedral whenever I'm on my next jaunt to England...
Post a Comment