Tuesday, October 24, 2006

More Fall Colors for you!

I'm working on making a photo album on flickr so that you can see all the amazing colors from Charlottesville this past weekend. (P.S. The photo album will be a new/regular thing on my site so that when I'm overseas again, you can see all my photos...yippee.)

The colors are making me spectacularly happy. I love fall. I heart love fall.

My email is still being afflicted. It frustrates me.

And I need a new name for my blog up there...I'm tired of "Uber Dog Karma." Any suggestions, anyone? Something witty and appropriate? Consider it a contest of sorts. Maybe there will be a prize...

Does anyone know why God made gourds, except so that we could have funny things to look at? I mean, have YOU ever eaten a gourd? I haven't. I asked the chef here today if he's ever encountered a recipe for a gourd, and he admitted that he hasn't. So I don't know that they are for eating. So...what are gourds for?

7 comments:

Booker said...

One or two guidelines would be helpful in said contest. Otherwise I'd just throw out anime names left and right and you'd just shake your head in disgust :-)

bettercountry said...

I gave two guidelines already: "witty and appropriate." Anime names are neither witty nor appropriate, most especially since I don't watch anime.

Appropriate meaning: appropriate to ME, the author of this blog, and the themes/personalities/character you have gotten to know through this venue.

I must admit, I'm a little biased. I'm already posed to let briary or bradandclaire win.

lis said...

Gourds are for making into various hollow receptacles like dippers and birdhouses...I think.

Booker said...

Well, just so I can get one suggestion in:
Sojourning's Kino.

You have no idea how funny that actually is, sigh. Hahahahaa. Well, at least I got a laugh out of it :-)

oh, I'm assuming the ban on links is in effect until you publicly say otherwise?

bettercountry said...

Ban on links is still in effect! No linking! Blech!

I'd much rather be in your Favorites on your computer...fits my princess mentality so much better.

Jen said...

I've eaten a gourd (okay, so it's actually a cross between a pumpkin and a squash and looks like a sweet potato, at least inside). Yummy! Brazil has so many fun foods!

Booker said...

Lol! :-) Actually, you're live-bookmarked. Whoohoo for firefox!

have a good week...