So that one random moment of free wi-fi in my apartment was apparently quite random. It hasn't reappeared yet. Sadness. Now that my camera is broken, and since I don't have time to write up all the stories of stuff I've seen/done... it almost seems okay that I only do internet twice a week.
I've accumulated a list of things to write about since over a week ago, and have not had time to even write about ONE thing on that list. Let me give you an example of my day just today (a slow day).
My alarm went off at 5:52am. I hit snooze twice and then got up at 6am. (Yes, mom and dad...can you believe it? It happens on a daily basis.) A little coffee, a little talk with Jesus, a fast shower, then Sue-Wee and I are out the door by 7:50. We walk for about 4 minutes then run the last minute to catch the bus that we see drive past us. Bus, then metro, then switch to another metro to get to school by 9am.
Then I listen to French (and try to speak it) for four hours. Today we learned animals and the verb "to do" and sports/activities. We practiced "I come from and I go to." After school, we stopped at the grocery store and got home at 3pm, when we finally got to eat lunch. Studied until just after 5, when we had to leave to go to a meeting. (Where I'm at now.) I'll probably get home around 9pm...study just a little more. 10pm is my "talk to Jesus" time and then in bed by 11.
If anyone can find some time in there for me to write stories, I'd sure appreciate your suggestions. I can say this, though...I am still loving French class! The sun shoned yesterday morning and it was glorious. (However, it's supposed to snow on Wednesday!) I'm either going to Nice or Luxembourg this weekend with AnnaBanana and Sue-Wee. Life is good.
P.S. I love emails from people. (Hint)
4 comments:
you go to bed at 11pm and manage to get up at 6am!? are you sure you're really human? :-)
It's only possible because of the last verse in Col 1. "struggling with HIS energy, which works so mightily in me."
In other news--winter has finally arrived, and it's now COLD. It snowed this morning. I'm wearing approximately 14 layers.
We made the final decision about our weekend away, and the verdict is: The Loire Valley, to a town called Blois. Castle country.
I saw a Pro-Life rally/demonstration/parade/march the other day. Something I never expected to see in Paris.
My current favorite word in French is derriere. It means behind. It makes me giggle every time I say it or hear it. I'm SOOOO juvenile.
just reread the post and this sentence caught my attention:
"the sun shoned..."
Is that correct grammar? Grammar is NOT my strong point, but it just seemed wrong. Of course, everything I tried to replace it with seemed wrong too.
Cold, hah :-) 5 degrees tomorrow...
DJ--I'm not sure if "shoned" is correct or not. It sounds terrible to my ear, but someone who was in the room said it was right. Grammar is NOT my forte!
And I don't know if you meant it was cold here or cold where you are...but it SURE is cold here! It was -6C today...approximately 21F is my math is correct. I thought to myself last night, "You know it's cold when (a) you wear a scarf in the house (b) you put on as many underlayers as possible and still make your clothes fit (d) you take more than one shower a day just to warm up and (c)all sense of style and color and looking presentable goes out the window in order to just be WARM.
Post a Comment