Sunday, March 18, 2007

All moved in (but nowhere near settled in)

3.18.07

We got nearly everything into the new apartment yesterday, and spent last night there. (We're still lacking all the stuff at Banana's apartment, and the cushions to our couch...which were in the attic and the key got stuck in the attic door and never came out... so no couch cushions right now.) It's AWESOME to finally be in our home, and near our friends. Here's a few quirks about the place. In no particular order.

10. No toilet seat cover (but we bought one today!)
9. No shower curtain or shower curtain rod or shower head holder thing (but the water pressure's great!)
8. No towel rods whatsoever in the bathroom
7. No mirrors anywhere in the apartment
6. No appliances (fridge, oven, washing machine)...we brought all those with us, but they're not hooked up yet, so our kitchen isn't quite functional yet. It's really weird to walk into a kitchen and just see a sink. No cabinets, even!
5. The heat is provided by the apartment building in the rent...and comes up through the floor, and is therefore NOT adjustable.
4. The building is located right off a major highway, so there's this sort of background noise of highway traffic, but because of the heat, we turned on fans. Nice, quiet fan sound and a cool apartment...the perfect combination.
3. There are two elevators--one for even numbered floors and one for odd numbered floors.
2. The apartment is beautiful and I love it even more now that I'm IN it.
1. There are no curtains, no shutters, no blinds, no nothing. So I feel little ghetto right now cause I've got a sheet hooked up with clothes pins above the window.

I really like it alot and am looking forward to getting settled. Yippee!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm SO excited for you!! Thanks for describing some of the special features!! :) What fun. Can't wait to see pictures!
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Mabrook, Habibte! And thanks for the chocolate. the sheer fact they were gone in several milliseconds should console you as to my absense in writing...been having a bit of a rough time. :) but i will write soon...love, you! and cheers to HEAT!
J

Booker said...

sounds like some serious privacy issues to me!

and no adjustable heat? does this mean no adjustable AC in the summer? or is there no AC period?

bettercountry said...

AC in Europe? Why? No, there is no AC, and that's pretty normal.

Update:
1. I still no have internet pas. Won't have it for more weeks to come.
2. We have a toilet seat now, and a shower curtain rod. Still no curtains on windows, no oven and man alive does our fridge stink.

***if you have suggestions of how to make the fridge stop smelling (beyond cleaning with bicarbonate de sodium and putting an odeur absorber in there, both of which we have done), please share.

3. we have the world's slowest elevator. somebody call guiness.

That's all.

Aaron said...

Your place sounds very quaint and European. (Hmmm, wonder why?) I aime your mixed francais et anglais. :)