Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I'm MOVING!

March 7, 2007

I don't have a way to email the whole world until Friday, when I'll take my computer to school to use the free wi-fi there...so I have to use the blog to inform those of you who read it...

I HAVE A NEW APARTMENT!

We met with the realtor today, and she decided it would be acceptable to rent to us if we signed for a three year contract (really, it's a nine year contract that can be broken after three years with no kind of penalty). It's about 90% for sure. We just have to do two more things. But our "guaranteur" (person who backs us up financially) signed everything for us and we wrote the checks for the deposit, first and last month. We move in March 15!!!

Can I get a "woo-hoo!"?

We went over to the apartment and finally got to see it. (Yes, we signed for an apartment that we hadn't seen. Long story short--the friend looking for it for us had seen it, and assured us that it was "nice.") So...it's really nice! It's on the 10th floor (with an elevator). Pretty cream wallpaper--which, after some of the wallpaper I've seen in this country, I was pretty nervous about the wallpaper. Parquet floors--I LOVE parquet floors! Two bedrooms, big living room, small kitchen, and an "american" style bathroom (which means the toilet is in with the sink and bathroom, instead of being in a closet by itself, which is much more normal in Europe.)

It's next to an art school, library, indoor pool, music school, and the local market. It's walking distance from the train and our good friends' house. And the ONE French friend I have so far lives in the same town too!

Je suis ravi! (I'm super happy!)

P.S. Happy Birthday yesterday to Baby Schlomo, who is now one year old. I wonder if his mom let him eat chocolat?

5 comments:

lis said...

Woo hoo! :OD

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!!! YEAH for you!! :)

Booker said...

Congrats! Are 9 year leases typical? Cause that seems like an awfully long time for renting...

Anonymous said...

Hi! This is Megan (one of the strandeds from January). I can't believe that I just got around to checking out your blog and photoblog. Your pictures are lovely and make me want to go back... And woohoo for your new apartment finally! American-style bathroom, what?? That's crazy-talk. Hope everything's going well.

Anonymous said...

absolument pas! chocolat pour un petit bebe?! que tu es fou!
YEA! about the apartment. We'd been asking, so we're very thankful.
Shlomo's getting a banana-sweetened cake for his party with our family on Sunday. And there's sure to be some kind of healthy icing, too; I just haven't decided yet.