Monday, March 05, 2007

Relaxation and Robbery

Some friends and I went to a monastery that also serves as a sort-of hotel last week for a bit of R&R. Some of those friends brought friends who were visiting from the states...and those friends brought us AMERICAN gifts. I opened my bag like it was Christmas and squealed at what I saw on top.

Girl Scout Cookies. Not just Girl Scout cookies, but my favorite kind--THIN MINTS. My life feels complete (right now, anyway).

It was a great 2.5 days...playing games, talking, taking pictures, chillin like a villian...

Speaking of villians--

On Thursday, after I returned, I was with Sue-Wee and Joanna at the Bagel shop that has cheddar cheese. I pulled out my wallet to pay, only to discover that I was missing some cash. Sue-Wee told me later that she was thinking to herself (as she looked in her wallet), "I thought I had more money than this," just as she heard me say the same thing out loud.

Yep. We got robbed. At the MONASTERY.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not pointing fingers at the monks, by any means. There were other guests there the first night we were, and Sue-Wee thinks they're the ones who stole ALL the cash from ALL of us on that floor. Some other of my friends thinks its the mysterious man one of the teenagers of our group saw lurking around after midnight on our second night. I don't know who did it, I just know--I got robbed.

And I learned--life goes on.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I must say that I am totally jealous about the Thin Mints and totally understand the frustration about being robbed, having been robbed myself lately. I love the fact that I live in a country with one of the highest incidences of credit card fraud in the world. And that my bank is so nice.

Booker said...

Man, what is the world coming to when one gets robbed at a monastery? Makes me wonder if we really ARE in the Last Days.

Or Hollywood could make a mystery detective thriller movie out of it. Has to have a catchy title though-
Sojily and the Misanthropic Monastery!

and I am sad to report that I cannot find hide nor hair of the coffee shop that was on a news clip that was selling Monkeycat-poo coffee. So there will be no "wagering" of the tastebuds.
[personally, I'm kind of relieved :-D]