Wednesday, July 20-something
So I must apologize for not blogging stories from the trip yet. Here are my excuses:
1. I wanted to post pictures first, and that has taken me until today (or tomorrow) to finish.
2. I've been skyping with a few people.
3. My camera broke on the trip--I know!--and I had to go into Paris to take it to the repair shop. (It's been mailed off.)
4. The Book That Must Not Be Named is obviously distracting me from all blogging abilities.
5. But mostly--oh my goodness am I ever sick. Mohammed's Revenge. I went to the doctor today and they're running tests to see if it's a parasite/amoeba, bacteria, or viral something. Whatever it is, it is mean and ugly and just wretched. I had some culture shock at the lab at the doctor's office. Anyway, they won't even give me any results until Saturday or Monday...and no medicine until the results. So I get to just keep a constant path between the bedroom and bathroom. Nice. But I keep saying--better sick here at home than last week in Africa.
I leave Monday for a 10 day work trip down in Southern France. Hope I feel better by then. AND...I hope to have blogged all my Africa stories by then. So look for frequent posting over the next few days.
5 comments:
Uggh, hope you feel better FAST! You really seem to be a target for getting sick, don't you?
Perhaps...I mean, I never got sick once during the three years I was in the states between travels. But here, it seems easy to catch a common cold, being inclosed with so many people on Metros and such. This...blame it on Africa. I'm not the only one of the three of us who went to be sick though. Sue-Wee's the only one feeling 100% still, lucky girl.
Sad. I think I'm the only one who doesn't yet have The Book That Must Not Be Named. One of the Brazilians we're working with this week has read it on the internet and was trying to tell me what she thought about it. Needless to say, I covered my ears.
Sorry you're sick (and seemingly miserable, at that). Melhoras!
Jen--not miserable at all. I mean...being sick is icky, but I'm still in a left-over good mood from the trip.
Sorry you don't have the book yet. Do they not sell it there? I was going to borrow it from someone, but when she still hadn't loaned it to me two days after the day we'd agreed upon, I couldn't wait anymore and broke down and bought it myself. Turns out she's re-reading it! Word of advice--go re-read #6 while you wait.
Skype me when you're finished with it and we'll discuss. :)
Sounds like a plan! Mine is coming -- from someone who won't be re-reading it. Or reading it the first time, for that matter.
I will skype you sometime next week, when I am back home and have read The Book That Must Not Be Named....
In the meantime, I will be working with a volunteer team, going to see the US play basketball in the Pan Am games, going to the symphony, and reading!
Post a Comment