Thursday, July 19, 2007

I LOVE AFRICA!!!

Thursday, July 19.

Just real quick, live from the big ole' continent.

I rode a camel, on the beach. (There's a video...)
I ate a cactus (I liked it, but the seeds are weird).
I got henna (of course)--and put some on myself!
I've been to two different beaches.
I've been in a thunder storm in the mountains.
I love donkeys. They make me laugh.
I learned how to count from one to ten in what I thought was the local language. Got back to the main place and found out that I'd learned one to five in the local language and six to ten in Arabic. That's how they count wherever I was.
Yes, I've been covering my head, and no--it doesn't bother me at all.
It's warm, but still not as hot as it was in Paris on Bastille day. And still nothing like the desert country that I lived in once upon a time. Very bareable here.
The food is YUMMY. I might become fat.
There's a big, big, big rat in our house. Haven't seen him...just heard there are signs of him, which I don't even want to see.

I love it here and want to put in a transfer request. Think they'll let me? Probably not. Forget Paris.

1 comment:

Booker said...

Donkey- all I could think about was the movie Shrek when you mentioned donkeys. THAT donkey made me laugh. I suspect that REAL donkeys wouldn't though. Trust you are still having a good time...