Thursday, December 20, 2007

Fun times in France

December 20, 2007

Sorry for the lack of posting recently. One of my best friends, KKW, came to France to visit me. She'd already been to France before, and being the super organized woman that she is, she'd managed to see everything there is to see in this city during her first go around. I mean, she'd seen stuff that I even haven't seen yet! So...I decided to give her the Christmas present of country #18 on her ever-growing list of countries she's been to.

We went to Portugal--just for a quick 2 days. It was my first time back since I'd left six years ago. I showed her all my favorite places, had dinner with three of my old best friends, and marveled at how far God has brought me since I first arrived there more than 8 years ago!!! I'll write more about that trip sometime in the next few weeks.

KKW left, and 36 hours later--Master Yoda arrived!!! Yes, my dear sweet baby brother is here visiting me, for two whole weeks. I think it's the first time in both of our lives to have so much concentrated time together with none of his friends to entice him away from me with an ultimate frisbee game or free pizza or whatever.

On his first day, I took him straight to the Eiffel Tower (obligatory) and then...to the Museum of the Sewers of Paris! I'm so not kidding. I've wanted to visit it, and who else to take but your baby brother. Oh my word, we laughed so hard cause it smelled so bad. It was interesting, and we learned alot. We probably would've learned more, except that I couldn't handle the smell any longer and we rushed to figure out how to escape.

Day two with Yoda...We went to the top of a department store that has some great panoramic views, and discovered a real igloo made out of ice! We went to another department store that has a big pretty Christmas tree, and took pictures. Next we went to the Jewish Quarter of town and ate falaffel for lunch. Yum, yum. Then we went to the History of Paris Museum--fun and interesting. Then I HAD to show him Victor Hugo's house (it was nearby). Then we walked by Notre Dame (at night, so he still has yet to see it in the daytime).

Tomorrow--we're flying to Venice, Italy for the weekend. It's possible I'll blog on Monday about it, but it's also possible that I'll be too tired. We'll see. Yoda brought a camera with him, so keep checking the photoblog for pictures. Someday I'll get around to posting the Portugal pictures. We've got a really busy week planned next week (Disneyland on Christmas day, and museums till we drop for three days, a chateau one day, the Lion King Musical another...ahhh, too much fun to be had!)...so I can't promise too much blogging before the end of the year.

But I can say this--I'm loving having my brother here! He makes me happy. AND--I'm hoping to get back into a regular groove of blogging in the new year. Fingers crossed! Okay...off to Venice I go! Watch out Casanova!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun! Boy, wouldn't I love for my brothers to visit me... Hope you enjoy Venice. I will get to Italy someday.
~Megan

Anonymous said...

Have fun in Venice, err, I guess you've already had your fun by this time :-)

Anyway, glad that you'll have some Fam on Christmas!