"Enter through the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the road is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who go through it. How narrow is the gate and difficult the road that leads to life, and few find it." Matthew 7:13-14
I might as well post that verse on my front door, because it is oh so true, in so many ways. But today, I'm not talking about spiritual things. My front door really is narrow! It's only 63 centimeters, which is just under 25 inches. My bedroom is so small and tiny that a normal dresser won't fit in it. Thankfully, there is a little nook in the back corner that is made for a tall and narrow dresser.
"Every wise woman builds her house, but a foolish one tears it down with her own hands." Proverbs 14:1 Here I am, being a wise woman...
Ikea will show you on the instruction booklet if an item requires one person or two to put something together. We commented during the assembly process, that really, three is great. "Two are better than one because they have a good reward for their efforts...a cord of three strands is not easily broken." Ecclesiastes 4:9, 12 And the reward for our efforts (besides a new dresser for me)? Laughter.
I told CSI that I'd considered getting a bunny to hop around my cute little apartment. (Cause dogs, while cute and very French, require never being able to sleep in so that you can take them out for a walk. No thanks.) CSI reminded me that she's scared of bunnies because of the Skittles commercial. If you haven't seen that commercial, this next video, while entertaining in its own right, might not make sense.
CSI kept the laughs a coming.
Then she insisted that I show a picture of her actually working on the dresser, so here you go...the Artist and CSI hard at work assembling those drawers.
And the final product...voila! A tall and narrow dresser that fits in my tall and narrow nook. It even came with the mirror! I think I'm going to keep on maximizing the space by putting some hooks on the side of it to hang my purses.
I still have to assemble the bed, a shoe rack, a bookshelf/pantry thing for the kitchen, and a stepstool. Another post tomorrow about the other deliveries from today.
1 comment:
oh my oh my...now I see what you mean by a really narrow hallway. say hi to all your moving helpers for me!! and while that commercial is slightly disturbing, I think CSI's imitation was even more so...
Post a Comment