I may have quit Facebook, but I'm still keeping up with Instagram. And since there are many of you have don't have it, I thought I could post those photos here for you to see my little daily life snapshots. In no particular order, because blogger's photo uploader hates me.
On February 23rd, I went to the Salon du Chocolat. It's just one of the perks of living in France.
On February 25th, I went to the vegetable market in Noailles and stumbled upon the prettiest bouquet of fresh spinach that you ever did see. I changed my dinner plans entirely because of that 1.20euro bouquet. (I made quesadillas with caramelized onions, sautéed mushrooms, wilted spinach, goat cheese and warm honey. It was to die for.)
On Ash Wednesday (February 11th), I began the Lenten Trail to the Tree Day 1: Reflecting on Adam and Eve, how do I hide from God?
Then, even worse, the toilet just began running and running and running...with that ugly color! I had no idea how to make it stop or even if I should not try to stop it. ACK! I called several men until I got ahold of one who could talk me through over the phone, what to do. Mr. X came through for me, and the toilet stopping running the ugly. I immediately cleaned, for the second time that day, the toilet. Because of course toilets run ugly orange water immediately after you've finished cleaning them all spic n span shiny. It's sort of the same principle of it raining right after you've washed your car.
On February 15th, I went to Nice for the day to get some work done. Rough life I live, I know. Who's going to complain about orange water running in your toilet when a work trip lets you look at this:
On February 19th, I went to Menton to look at some lemons. You're feeling sorry for me by now, aren't you?
In Menton, I saw this lady. Okay, confession. I stalked this lady. She was so schnazzy in her awesome outfit that I really wanted to get a picture of her. You can't see it, but her purse matches her awesome red leather shoes exactly. I hope I'm that classy when I'm her age.
Snapped this one in Menton as well. I love, love, love Southern France. So pretty!!!
On February 20th (yes, the next day), I went to Dijon for some work. That was three one-day road trips to various parts of the country in less than a week! I loved the architecture of this building...even if it does look a little more like Mickey Mouse than Art Nouveau.
Another one from Menton. (Do you see why I think the blogger photo uploader hates me? Why can't all the Menton photos be in order? Gah.) This photo is now the new desktop photo on my iphone. I know it's not called a desktop, but I don't know what it's called, so I'm calling it that.
February 9th: Happy Chinese New Year from the Vieux Port!
On a cozy, warm in my apartment, quiet reading Saturday night of February 2nd, I snapped this photo and said, "A fire in the hearth makes for a warm heart." I found it to be so true I've lit that hearth every day for the past month!
Who knew fake almond blossoms could make me so happy! They brighten my room up immensely. Maybe with my black thumb, fake flowers are the way to go...
And in case you forgot or missed the best part of my month: The Bunny Invasion of the week of February 6th.
1 comment:
at first glance I thought those bunnies were skulls...yikes. did you ever figure out the cause of the bunny invasion?
I love your photographs and photography skills...and I don't have instagram, so thanks for sharing. :-)
Post a Comment