Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Lavender Fields 2013

Mrs. X had been wanting to go look for a particular field where the lavender and sunflowers are planted right next to each other.  It's still a little early for the sunflowers (especially with the cold spring/summer we've had), but I had some guests in town, so we decided to take them on the hunt so that they could see the lavender.  

Here's a field where one section had already bloomed, but the the one next to it had not yet.  None of it smelled heavenly yet.

I kept hollering for Mrs. X to stop and let me try to get a good picture of the poppies with the lavender. I never did get a good shot.  You can see two little pretty poppies in this giant lavender field.

Lavender, poppies, olive trees, wheat fields, sunflowers.  I love Provence.  Can I become a lavender farmer?  That just sounds dreamy.

We came across this field of flowers.  I don't know what kind of flower they are, but they sure were beautiful.

Fields of the unknown flower.  Not lavender.  Not lilac.  No smell at all.  Just...purple.



We think maybe this year that they planted wheat instead of sunflowers.  We only saw a few sunflower fields, and none of them were in bloom yet.  A few more weeks.  Here's the wheat, with snow-capped Alps in the backgrounds.  Yep...I live here.

Me and Mrs. X in almost the same shirt!  We didn't plan it, but I sure do love this photo of us.  I guess cause I love who's in the photo with me!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

So lovely!

notpoems said...

so wonderful!!! lavender is definitely the closest I've yet come to smelling heaven on earth...