I haven't been taking enough Instagram photos to post them once a month, so here's a little catch up on the last three months while I wait for my roommate to get out of the shower. hahahaha.
This quilt square took me three months to finish. THREE. Hardest I ever did, by far.
My first ever Log Cabin square. I was so excited to learn how to make it. I enjoyed every minute of it. And I am completely enamored by it.
Despite what it may seem like, I do actually have a few FRENCH friends. I've known Manue, on the left since my very first days in Paris. She used to live three floors up in the apartment building up in Paris. Now, she lives three metro stops away in Marseille. God was good to move her down here! Lydie is going to be her roommate! Small world.
I was very pleased with my side braid that showed off all my natural highlights.
McDonald's in France makes me laugh. McFlurr'it yourself. Basically they dump the toppings on, hand it to you with a catchy slogan, and thus make stirring it yourself seem cool.
My hair decided to show off the Tunisia white streak one day, bold and proud. The wind outside blew it away within minutes.
It's been so warm a bunch of us were able to go hiking in the Calanques...in the beginning of March! Usually I don't go until June! YES!
It's ridiculous, but I was super proud of myself for playing a perfect game of hearts on the hard level on my phone. Only time I've ever done that. I shot the moon three times in a row! Yes, I have no social life whatsoever...
There's so much of the awesomeness of this photo missing, it almost makes me as sad as it makes me laugh. So, a HUGE group of protestors were going around downtown, with approximately 50 people beating on drums. LOTS of drums. Right behind the drums, she walked with the sign that reads, "I love Marseille, but there's too much noise." OH THE IRONY. (Sidebar, his sign reads, "I love Marseille, but two trees for the Vieux Port, it's truly too few." I agree...I live in a concrete jungle. And yes, there really are only TWO trees at the Vieux Port.)
I took a walk one beautiful Sunday and found a restaurant called Cafe des Arts, and the window is painted in Art Nouveau. yay. I want to eat there!
I sat on this rock and read for hours, soaking up the sun like a lizard. And listened to the waves as they crashed in. It was glorious. I found my alone spot in Marseille!
Took these photos on my walk that day...
Found a door I liked! (Marseille has very few!)
Took a day trip the other day when all my classes were unexpectedly canceled. thecamelridingcowgirl and I went to Sisteron, which is a town to the east, headed towards the mountains. We'd gone by it on the way to Pra Loup for the ski weekend back in January, and I'd seen photos of it, so I wanted to see it in person. I found a door while we walked around...
And I didn't take many photos. I took about twenty trying to get this one. And I tried to take one of the bell tower, which was so pretty, but the sun was so bright, I couldn't really see. Got home and realized I'd cut off the top of it. Ooops. Have to settle for this one...not too shabby, though!


1 comment:
not too shabby....these are amazing, especially the last one! I don't remember the Tunisia streak in your hair....can you tell or direct me to that story??
Post a Comment