Monday, April 27, 2015

Presenting the Barjo Quilt (for Real McCoy Baby #4)

I've already posted the photo of this quilt but now I can tell all about, since I finally got to deliver it to its owner today. 

I learned a new stitch with it, that one of my Arab friends taught me. I used the stitch to quilt large X's down the sashing. Mine don't look as pretty as hers, but practice makes perfect, right?

I also learned the proper way to hand quilt, which you can see in the blue plaid above. I'm also not so good at that yet either. Someday I'll make beautiful, even, small stitches. Someday.

You can't see it, but I butchered the binding on this one. So I also learned how to sew up tears. Goodness. The learning quilt if there ever was one.


Here's baby #4 looking at me with a "why you making me lay on the ground?" face. Sweet thing. 


I'm smitten. 
Seriously. He's so presh.

The Real McCoys said they'd hoped they'd get a quilt, but knew I was making ones for others, so they weren't sure. I was happy to finally get them one made. And happy to present it in person. And happy to hold baby #4 while he still has the new baby smell. 

I think I'll go get him off that quilt right now to get another whiff of that sweetness. 

1 comment:

notpoems said...

so sweet. :-) I love the colors in that quilt!!