We couldn't have asked for a prettier day! The sun was shining and it was about 75 degrees. We headed out right after breakfast, and I immediately found a pretty door.
There were several weird statues that I didn't take photos of, but I thought this ballerina was pretty.
We got to the lowest lookout point of the city, and I tried to use the panorama function on my new phone. I didn't get it right the first time, but still got this pretty picture.
Whitey showed me how to do it and, the second attempt was much more successful. Such a gorgeous view.
While I was petting someone's dog, Whitey climbed out on a rock. I love this picture of her!
She hollered at me to come join her...I guess she wasn't familiar with my fear of heights. Maple and I were laughing at this picture, because I had to hold on to a rock, even though Whitey was behind me and thus I couldn't fall.
San Marino's symbol (on its flag and crest) is of its three towers. Perched up on top of the mountain, the three towers have defended the country and kept it free throughout the centuries. Three Towers for Three Friends!
Here is Tower #1.
I was still so excited that Whitey was there!!!
I love when Maple gets silly.
I like this photo of Maple and Whitey.
And I'll probably frame this one of the three of us, and Tower #2 in the background.
As we were walking along these ramparts, Maple told me and White to stick our heads out the openings.
Whitey kicked her feet way up so that she could lean out, and so my smile is a "hurry up and take it cause I'm freaked out by the heights and I'm afraid Whitey is going to plunge to her death" smile.
We climbed the first tower. Near the top, the opening had this "make sure you don't fall straight down" sign.
Here are me and Whitey going up through the hole into the tower.
The windows at the top.
Someone took our photo. So nice, those tourists.
"I'm on top of the world!"
Such sweet memories with my friends!
This is looking towards Tower #1. (I can't remember if we were all the way to #2 yet, or still along the walkway.)
I just couldn't get over how stunning the view was from up there!
I felt like it was a green screen and if I reached out to poke it, it would all disappear.
Tower #2 behind me.
This fog started rolling in, and it was so awesome.
Panorama!
View from Tower #2 towards Tower #3.
Up in Tower #2.
Tower #3.
Because of the fog, we decided to go back down into the old town and see some other sites. Here's the Palace and the Statue of Liberty in front.
The front door of the Palace.
The handle.
A close up of the squares with the Three Towers symbol.
The door from the inside.
A lion holding the Three Towers shield.
There was this odd painting with three saints, so we decided to strike a pose.
Back outside, we went for a walk for a little bit before finding a museum to pop into.
I was not so impressed with the museum, but I sure did have fun. In this photo, I was trying to mimic the guy showing off his awesome new outfit.
Ugly baby paintings galore.
No arm...
Tickle tickle...
That's a lot of hair on that baby's head.
12 ugly babies in one ugly baby painting?! Wowzah. Jackpot of laughter.
Closeups. Look at the noggin on the kid on the right.
The ugly baby just under the hand...his face ages him to about 52 years old. Goodness.
How about this ugly baby, whose head is too small for his body, and his face is about 37 years old.
Back outside, we wandered some more, and found much better food to eat for dinner than the night before. We headed back inside later that night, where we used our HDMI cable to watch some football on the hotel TV. What a great, great day with friends!
Lots of laughter, lots of good discussion, lots of fun. All with stunning views.


















































No comments:
Post a Comment