I realized after that I got back to Torino (after San Marino), that despite that I'd spent a week in January in Torino, and another week there in September, I still had never actually seen the city. My friend's house is super cozy, walking distance from an awesome mall that is built inside the old Fiat factory, and she has these great kids in her house that make you just want to hang out there with them. I mean, doesn't this look like so much fun:
Here we are watching Frozen one day:
So anyway, I asked MommaMia if we could go be tourists one day so that I could see the city. We had a yummy Italian meal, and then wandered around. I took a bunch of door photos.
Apparently Nutella comes from Torino.
And other products by that same chocolate company, like KitKat.
And I think maybe the Olympics were held in Torino once?
This is the door to the church where the Shroud of Turin is held. We didn't go inside.
Why not, you ask? Because I've seen a lot of Catholic churches and I'm sort of bored with them by now. Because you can't see the real Shroud but a fake. And because I don't believe the Shroud is real anyway. Go ahead and call me a doubter. Sorry.
I've seen this dome steeple on many things with the skyline of Torino, and I thought it was a church, but it turns out it's a cinema museum. We didn't go. Maybe another trip.
The river is so pretty, and the leaves were turning colors, and so I got to experience fall a little bit. I don't think I took a picture of it, but there's another church where legend says the Holy Grail is buried somewhere underneath. Again...I'm a skeptic.
This place was so pretty! I love covered galleries.
I also think this square was very pretty. You can see the cinema museum steeple sticking up there.
We went one morning and had coffee and fancy croissants at this quaint little cafe. It was a fun time. I might request from MommaMia that we do it every time I come to Torino.
Then, just like that, my time in Torino was finished. And with it being finished, it meant the two-month Europe #teamsuitcase trip was finished. We had to borrow an extra duffle bag suitcase from MommaMia for all the stuff we'd bought along the way, but we made it back to the ME safe and sound and ready to sleep in our own beds for a few weeks.













No comments:
Post a Comment