Sunday, October 01, 2006

I've decided to LOVE 31 (with pictures)

I wasn't thrilled about turning 31. It means I'm officially in my 30's. Which is okay and all. But I've decided I just have to embrace it. Love it. And I mean, with a birthday like I've had this time--why shouldn't love 31? Even Baskin Robbins loves 31. There must be something good about the number. So, drumroll, please...

The Top 10 Reasons Why THIS (31) Is My Favorite Birthday EVER!

10. I found out a week before my birthday that I'm moving to PARIS, FRANCE. Yippee! 9. Birthday morning coffee with friends.
8. Watching Anne of Green Gables for the first time.
7. Flowers waiting for me on my desk.
6. The Italian Festival in Churchill--yum yum good for lunch.
5. The re-enactment of Patrick Henry shouting, "Give me liberty or give me death!" at the St. John's Episcipal Church. So stinking cool.
4. Thomas Jefferson flirted with me.
3. Baltimore! (adventures possibly to come as a blogpost, the day before my birthday included the National Aquarium, the coolest Barnes and Noble ever, crashing a wedding, Edgar Allen Poe's grave, driving around the HOOD, and introducing AG to Ikea)
2. Two days in my beloved City by the Bay with friends
1. Hanging out with Whitey in CA (which included Space Mountain breaking!)

Maybe by the end of my birthday week, I'll come up with 31 reasons why I love this birthday! Ha! Anyway, Happy October!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did I read it correctly that said it has taken you 31 years to watch Anne of Green Gables?!?!? Blessed your 31st year is, indeed. BTW - Happy Birthday!!! Love to you, Marita

Jen said...

Anne of Green Gables is enough by itself for you to love this birthday. I saw it for the first time a couple of years ago (it's my boss's favorite movie to watch when she's depressed). HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

bettercountry said...

Yes, yes, this IS the first time I've ever seen Anne. We're watching one tape per night this whole week. Isn't that splenderific?

More reasons I love turning 31...

11. More cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory.
12. A very pretty bracelet.
13. Lunch at the new cool Thai restaurant in town.

Booker said...

Well, since the whole "what, you've never seen AoGG?!?" thing has been done, I'll try for something else :-)[pooh, I had a real zinger too!]

Anyway, I think that Cheesecake trumps them all :-) Being in Paris though, you'll probably get some absolutely fabulous kinds, I'm almost jealous :-)

and finally, non-birthday related, I just had the most amazing epiphany-January is a cold month, even in Paris, so there will be no t-shirt wearing for identification purposes! Am I smart or what? :-)

Booker said...

doh. Happy Birthday!