Monday, November 13, 2006

I went here and I went there

HGrey commented (to my face, not on my blog) about my lack of writing posts in recent months, and now DJ has commented (on my blog, not to my face) about my lack of posts altogether. Well...when I have something to write about, that I feel free for the whole world to read, then I'll write a beautiful, mellifluous post. Until then... you'll have to put up with my "I went here" and "I went there" and "I saw a cool bug" and "Look at this picture" type posts. They make me happy anyway.

So I went last week to TN to see the Suits and their baby who I love so much. I didn't even take any pictures of him because I was so busy staring at the real thing. I really like this whole Aunt thing. I can love, hug, kiss, spoil, babysit as much as possible, without having to wipe too many bodily fluids from the child. It's a good deal.

Then I went to Auburn for the weekend. And I was all ready to write a whole nostalgic post about collegiate football and "war eagle this" and "war eagle that" until the football team decided not to show up at the game to play. I mean, 87, 451 fans sitting in the rain wondering why in the world UGA was playing by themselves. For what it's worth, Master Yoda toured me all over his campus, and I got to spend a weekend in the one place on earth that has remained constant in my life, so I am happy as a clam.

Now I'm trying to get my visa paperwork ready and it is NO EASY TASK! Everything must be in French, and well...I don't speak French. I have to turn in bank statements, and since this is Alabama...no one as my bank speaks French either! How in the world I am supposed to get a bank statement translated into French and still be a bank statement is beyond me. My company finally told me today to just take it in English and see what the consulate says. Ha.

So maybe tomorrow you'll get my first "dealing with the French" post after I've been to the consulate. Or maybe you'll get a "driving in Atlanta" post. Or maybe, I'll see a really cool bug while in GA, and I'll post a picture. Any which way, please stay tuned and keep reading.

11 comments:

Jen said...

Ha. I'm happy about the game. Did you know that JH Stadium is the 5th largest city in AL when it's full?
First, about the bank statement. Aren't numbers the same in every (read: most) country?
Second, have fun dealing with foreign powers! "Dealing with the French" would be fun!

Booker said...

My suggestion for * would be "redheaded".

The Redheaded Troubadour. Sounds like an inn from the 1500's. Perfect :-)

The french are already causing you problems and you're not even there yet? This does not bode well for the future. Figures though. We save their backsides in WWII and this is what happens ;-)

and finally, hurray for spoiling kids without having to deal with the nasty parts!

bettercountry said...

Jen--JH Stadium was definately packed! "All Auburn, All Orange" as the new motto goes. War Eagle, baby...even if we can't show up for 11:30 games.

DJ--Is the *redheaded* a reference to my hair color, or just in general? Because I'm not currently red. Nor am I currently happy with my hair.

Anonymous said...

Amazing! we were in the same town wondering the same thing about that ill fated "football" team. Mellow mushroom was much nicer than the rainy waxing. Anwyays,
I wanted to throw out that my dove might be able to get that translated in the ville. I'm pretty sure her french tutor still lives here. Give us a call.

Booker said...

well, it was in reference to your hair. cause all your pix showed you as a redhead.

and if so, WHY in the world would you change from red to anything else? I guess it is true about the grass always being greener over the fence :-)

as for not being happy with yours, I just have to say I am glad I'm not a female. Hair is hair for "most" of us guys :-)

Anonymous said...

whistling? wait, you can't sing and whistle at the same time. But then, you already said you are not a singing troubadour...so, yes, it could be whistling.

you should consider using the german word Scribgefuhl (sp?) (loosely meaning the joy of writing). not with troubadour, though. and you won't be in Germany...then that might p' off the French...hmmm...

penning? is that even a word? ok, I give up; I obviously stink at this game.

ciao.

Anonymous said...

The Green Troubador-

b/c you're not blue & you're not yellow

HGrey

Anonymous said...

or The Troubador Vert

bettercountry said...

DJ--my hair is like an outfit, something I like to change as regularly as possible. Some days straight, some curly. Some days red, some days blonde, some brown. Some months short, some long. Some up, some down. In my opinion, it's one of the grrrrrreat things about being a girl. Something I can constantly decorate, and if I don't like the outcome, I just change it again. It has a hint of red right now, but is not really REDHEADish.

I Need A Marie--

I absolutely LOVE you. I can't whistle though. And I wouldn't know how to pronounce that German word. But I get the general direction you were going.

The Honeymooners that I am currently stay with laughed with me about the possibility of "Teetotaler Troubador" because she likes illiteration. (or alliteration?) and that was the first T word we came up with.

And HGrey...you're really the only person who actually thinks of me as green...and Troubador Vert sounds too much like Troubador Perv (in my mind), which I am not. I bet your brilliant beautiful wife could come up with a genius FRENCH word for my blog...if she actually read my blog. (hehe) Kiss the baby for me.

The contest continues...keep playing, kids...we need a winner!

Anonymous said...

I think its Screibgefuhl...the spelling. There weren;t enough vowels in there. God bless the German and Irish for their enamored(sp?) (No I am NOT having good spelling days recently!!!) affection towards vowels.

TripleNine said...

I personally would go with "Travelling" Troubador. You got alliteration, you got an apt discription of what you do, and it is what many troubadors do.

As for the hair, hurrah for mixing it up. I wish I could be more bold with mine. Unfortunately for some reason guys don't seem to be able to get away with that sort of thing quite as easy as you ladies.