Monday, December 04, 2006

Hypergraphia

My brain is still stuck on finding the equivalent to "bibiophile" for writing. While I am personally fond of "scritophile," I am fully aware that it is not a real word. (Has that ever stopped me before?)

Last night, while watching CSI, I came a step closer. Grissom was investigating a man who had hypergraphia--the compulsion to write. It's the opposite of writer's block and related to epilepsy. Hmm...not quite the word I was looking for, but close.

It made me realize that in my search for words, I did not use "graphia." I had used "scrit" and "writ" and even "calligraphy" but not "graphy." Wow. Anyway, "graphiaphile" and "graphophile" are not words either. So I'm sticking with "scritophile" until I come up with the real word. Or until I develop hypergraphia.


Extra, Extra: For those "photophiles" out there (my word for lovers of photography), check out my photos! There's a link over on the left, or just click here. Today I posted the only photos I ever sold for big bucks (or, $75 each).

2 comments:

Booker said...

Hmm, I wonder at what point one has hypergraphia?

there should be an online test to find out :-)

Terrence said...

I came across your blog because I am looking for some sort of "name" for my love of writing too! I don't see why "graphiaphile" isn't a word. I think we should make it one!