Wednesday, December 06, 2006

My imaginary coffee shop

Please, please, come in! You'll notice the wooden tables and chairs in the front, if you need somewhere to do some work or writing. If you would like to be comfortable and just read, there in the back are cushy chairs and sofas. Feel free to pull a book off the bookshelf. You can even take it home to finish it if you would like...we here at Jitters trust that you'll either bring it back or replace it with some other book.

(Where do we get all these books? Well, Jitters is a popular place to leave books marked with a Book Crossing tag. Which is also why we don't mind you taking the book...leave it somewhere else fun and let the hunt continue!)

There's also a piano over in that corner...just be aware that there is a house rule of "no chopsticks allowed." If you feel like playing, but not the piano, we've got playing cards, checkers and chess.

Oh, you want coffee? Of course we've got that! We have all your normal espresso drinks that you'll find at a normal shop, plus a few extras. There's the "Shaves and Wakes Up": a cappuccino with chocolate shavings in it, created and named by two of our regulars, Jen and Faux Turtle. Then there's the "Red Eye": a shot of espresso in a tall glass filled with coffee. And a popular on a hot day, the Milton Milkshake, was borrowed from our owner's inspiration for this cafe.

Paul Sanka, stop thumping our guest with your tail!

I'm so sorry...he's so friendly you can't help but love him. He always tries to make friends with our new guests. He won't bite, and we've trained him not to beg. But he may curl up near your table to keep you company. Yes, yes, he does live here at the shop.

We hope you enjoy your time in Jitters. Feel free to come back whenever you like. We're always open, the drinks are always free, and the ambiance is always soothing.

6 comments:

brilynne said...

Just couldn't stand the 0 people love me.

Claire said...

Ooops- that was my job...

Okay- I'll have a pumpkin spiced chai latte...and anyone want to play a game of rummy with me?

Booker said...

I think somebody has been drinking to much of her own imaginary coffee! :-)

Jen said...

I think it might get a little crowded around Paul Sanka soon!

Aaron said...

...but I LOVE playing chopsticks!

;)

Bekah said...

I got tingles from this entry. I could picture the shop and it was beautiful.