12.29.2006
It's been an interesting year, eh? Return to America, living on a secluded farm with no clue what was next, being redirected to move back overseas again, actually dating someone for a little while, best friends having wonderful baby Schlomo, other best friends falling in love, three weddings, new friends (AG and Claire, Jules and Jen), learning to quilt and a whole buncha craziness on top of it all. Here are some of my favorite memories.
10. Remember when my windshield wipers broke in the middle of a storm--TWICE? Haha, yeah, that was interesting.
9. Seeing snow on several occasions. I love snow, and after a year in the desert, it blessed my heart.
8. It may sound crazy, but one of my favorite memories this year was of watching Taylor Hicks on American Idol week after week with my grandma-aged friend, Mrs. Gutt, who had a bit of a crush on him.
7. Getting to read, read, read, and read a little more. I met one of my new best friends--Anne Shirley.
6. Weddings, weddings, weddings. I was invited to 7 weddings this year! I got to go to three, two of which were family. Fun times.
5. Learning to quilt, something I've wanted to learn since I lived in Portugal years ago.
4. The fall foliage in Virginia this year was the most amazing I ever remember seeing. It blessed my heart.
3. My trip to California, which included Space Mountain breaking down. I'll never forget any of that!
2. Getting to go see Schlomo and his parents three times. Man, I love that kid and I love his parents! It was such a blessing to get to see them so much this year.
1. Spending so much time with family! The Auburn game in November with my brother, the 40th anniversary of my grandparents, the weddings of cousins, Thanksgiving fun, extended time with mom, dad, and the brother. It was a good year.
Well, I need to go get ready to get on a plane to France. Next time I post will be from across the pond. Let the stories recommence! Have a great New Year's weekend, everyone!
3 comments:
I am excited to be your new friend! I am also excited that you will be writing from across the pond (though sadly, not across the equator) now!
Welcome to France, Soj! And happy new year!
Happy New Year, and Bon Voyage!
Post a Comment