I made it back safe and sound to Paris this evening. It's been a little surreal, after a week in what feels like the opposite of Paris in every way. I truly loved it there--had the best time ever!This picture is a little scandalous, since I'm showing my leg. Please forgive me. The henna on it was covered all week, and so no one got to see it but me. But I was happy knowing it was there. And I didn't do any of that henna except that terrible flower I'm drawing up by my knee. My friend did all the rest. She was pretty awesome at it, I must say!
So...I'm way too tired to write a real post, so I'll answer one of the questions I've been asked the most: What did I buy? Here's the list...
Some wooden puzzles, two pairs of knock-off sunglasses (Prada and Versace), post cards galore, a magic wooden box, some gifts I can't list on this blog, jewelry (a necklace and two pairs of earrings), an awesome picture frame, a painting, a really cool lampshade, some more gifts I can't list on this blog, a long tunic shirt, a wood carving of a woman, a traditional souvenir (story and picture to come), some salt and pepper shakers, a tacky-american looking coffee mug, a t-shirt I'm in love with, and a soccer jersey from the national team.
Riding the camel, getting the henna, climbing the mountain and more...priceless.
In this picture, starting with the painting at 12 oclock: the little pot at 1, the lampshade at 2, the wooden puzzle sort of in the middle at 3, the magic box at 3, the pink tunic, the leather wallets in the middle at 11, and the wooden lady at 11. 

This is the close up of the traditional souvenir I bought. I use the word "traditional" loosely, since the real ones are never this small and never painted with scenes from the country like this. I wanted a little one like this for a shelf, and one day I'll buy a real one that is big and usable. (Story to come).
4 comments:
holy smokes girl, you think you have enough henna on? Almost looks like you rolled in the stuff :-D
looking forward to more stories...
glad you're back. sounds amazing. can't wait to hear more...lola
Henna...I love it. Always have. Can't get enough. I didn't roll in it...but the married ladies, who are allowed to do their feet, stepped fully in it so the bottom of their feet were completely covered.
just finished checking out your Daily Photo's. Wow! Those were some fantastic shots. Almost good enough to make me sign up just so I could comment on them :-D
Post a Comment