Tuesday, October 16, 2007

crunchy towels inspired this

10.16.07

10 Things I Miss About Living in the USofA

10. Of course, all my friends and family
9. Weddings and babies' births!
8. Pumpkin Lattes and Caramel Apple Ciders from Starbucks
7. Being able to easily find cranberries
6. Going to the fabric store and being able to afford the fabrics I want
5. Getting to watch whatever football game I want instead of what Yahoo Sports decides to show online
4. The sound of silence (no sirens all the live long day)
3. Not having to avoid drunk people on a regular basis
2. Not riding public transport for 3 hours a day
1. Soft towels that were dried in the dryer

10 Things that are balancing my life out so the above list doesn't seem so bad

10. KKW and Master Yoda are coming in less than eight weeks!
9. Hanging out with the MMTAT's on a regular basis
8. Paris in the fall...
7. Getting cool packages in the mail with pumpkin in them
6. Teaching a 13 year old how to quilt
5. The fact that USC and LSU lost a game, and that Auburn beat Arkansas
4. Getting to go to a Chocolat exhibit and try all the free samples
3. Walking around the most beautiful city in the world on a regular basis
2. Getting to read a book (guilt free) for three hours a day while I ride public transport
1. Being right where God wants me, doing just what He wants me to do

4 comments:

Claire said...

You're right - there are few things in life worse than crunchy towels. You have shamed me - I was just being all grumpy about how my dryer takes a bazillion hours to dry one load...and heats up my kitchen to the general temperature of a sauna. I should be thankful I HAVE a dryer! ( And maybe get it fixed so I don't pay a bazillion dollars in electricity bills...)

You make me smile. I like your lists.

Anonymous said...

Ew. I hate crunchy towels.
My mom's comment when I told her that someone gave me their dryer -- "Aren't their towels crunchy?"

Rebecca said...

I love your lists. They make me sooo happy (and the fall in Paris and books for three hours make me jealous) (but I disagree STRONGLY with the whole Arkansas/Auburn thing)

lis said...

Books on trains! Why didn't I think of that? But then, I'm not on the bus for anywhere near that long. And there are too many interesting people to watch. AND good books in English are as rare as hen's teeth.

I've been thinking about that crunchy towel thing for a couple of days. And I don't think I mind them. Am I weird?