I've been to Disneyland. I've been to Disneyworld. (And I can never remember which one's which.) I've EVEN been to the Disneyland in Japan. And now, I can say I've been to Disney on three continents! Yes, yes, poor little Soj struggling with life over here in Paris with these silly transportation strikes...I hopped in a car with the wonderful MMTAT's and Sue-Wee and went on over to Euro Disney today, and bought myself a one year pass! Oh lala, lots of Mickey to come!
So here are some of the similarities and differences I found between the Happiest Place on Earth (in the US) and the Happiest Place on Earth (in Paris).
1. I don't care what France says, when I am in the Magic Kingdom (or the Gap, for that matter), I AM on American soil. It's like it's an embassy or something. I should get to show my passport and walk in for free!
2. Euro Disney still makes me as happy as American Disney. I just feel giddy. I see Goofy and I squeal with laughter.
3. Space Mountain is different, and I don't like it as much here. There's part of it that goes outside, and that seemed weird to me. And after last year's experience on Space Mountain, well...what can compare?
3. Space Mountain is different, and I don't like it as much here. There's part of it that goes outside, and that seemed weird to me. And after last year's experience on Space Mountain, well...what can compare?
4. Apparently, rides can break no matter which country you're in. Same experience at Space Mountain last year...this year was on the "Crush" ride (something to do with the turtles from Finding Nemo?)...M#2 and T#1 got in a turtle shell, ready to ride away when the ride shut down, lights came up and we had to wait another 20 minutes or so for them to clear everyone out, test run the ride, and get the all clear to start up again.
5. Euro Disney...is CCCCCCOOOOOLLLLLDDDDDDD. I'm still freezing! That was one new experience--I've always been so hot while at Disney. Not here! Brrrr....
6. Did you know Minnie Mouse spoke perfect French? And Buzz Lightyear too! But Mary Poppins...she only speaks English.
7. There is no Splash Mountain. Doesn't matter to me...way too cold for splashing round these parts.
8. The castle is pink here. Is it pink in America? I seem to remember it being a sort of blue/grey.
9. It's a Small World is STILL my favorite.
10. I'm still terrible at the Buzz Lightyear ride/game.
11. Some lines are long here, but not as bad as the USA. And they do have Fast Passes here, too!
12. I never got to do this in America, so I don't know if they have this or not (I'm guessing yes), but Euro Disney has this thing called "Baby Switch." If parents come with a baby and can't get on a ride, you ask for a baby switch paper at the beginning of the line. The parent with the paper, once they've gone through the line, goes out, gives the other parent (the one who stayed behind with the baby) the baby switch paper, and that parent can then use it to go to the front of the line. We did this all day, and sent one of the other kids in with the parent, so that T and A were getting to ride everything twice. It was fun. (And can I just say? Baby T was a trooper! He was happy as a clam all day in his stroller...and the only one of us not freezing! It was like he knew he was in the Magic Kingdom and he must naturally be a happy baby all day long. It was cute.)
13. I still haven't found Prince Charming while at Disneyland. I saw him once today, and got a picture...but he was with some other blond woman in a blue dress. Maybe next time.

And at one point...it seemed even the trains at Disney were on strike! This one came...empty as could be, and wouldn't stop to let us on, and we had to wait for the next one. Brrrr.... As a short-nothing-to-do-with-Euro Disney-update: according to the headlines of the French papers yesterday, the strikes are not finished. Trains are still running funky. Next scheduled major strike is November 20. Can I be ought of town that week, please? Or just stay at Euro Disney?
1 comment:
Everybody loves Disney! And good for Mary Poppins, standing against the Evil Tide ;-)
Post a Comment