I promised several top 10 lists a few weeks ago, and so I thought it might be time for another one for you.
My Top 10 Favorite Things in Paris (besides my friends)
10. The Eiffel Tower dressed in blue, sparkling at night
9. The towers of Notre Dame and their gargoyles
8. The view from the Pont des Arts (a bridge) towards the Ile de la Cite (the island with Notre Dame on it, even though you can't really see Notre Dame from this bridge).
7. Listening to live music in Place des Vosges.
6. Reading in the Tuileries garden.
5. Walking along the Seine.
4. Eating cheesy chicken with Samurai sauce from my local Kurdish restaurant man.
3. All the random surprises you can find on any given day in any part of the city that make it so interesting and fun and cool.
2. Riding public transport.
1. The Jewish quarter and everything in it: the falafel place, BIA (the American diner), the Red Wheelbarrow (an English bookstore with an awesome adolescent lit section), tiny streets, and bagels in the bakeries!
2 comments:
Umm, I didn't make it to The Red Wheelbarrow, did I? How could I miss something upon which So Much Depends?
I don't know if you made it to the Wheelbarrow or not. I know we did Shakespeare and Co, Tea and Tattered Pages, and the Village Voice.... Guess it means you'll have to come back! If you come see me in Southern France, I'll take you to the giant books AND to the Book Bar (the English bookshop) in Aix-en-Provence. :)
Post a Comment