Saturday, December 18, 2010

Travel woes

I am currently sitting in first class on a train I don't have a ticket for. My train from Bes was 20 minutes late due to all the snow. Which meant that I stood in the wind and snow for almost 45 minutes while waiting for it to arrive. I had plenty of time to thaw on that train, because it sat still on the tracks for almost 30 minutes while a car that had slid on the ice was removed from the tracks. Because of these two delays, I missed my connecting train out of Lyon to Provence. Apparently, every train in France is running late, so the whole world was in Lyon trying to get on a different train. (In fact, I think I saw you there...I didn't know you were in France...) I finally got a new ticket to get on a train that was already booked full and was told I would have standing room only. On the way to board that train, I nearly died at the top of the escalators as there were too many people and not enough space for us to advance off the escalator. I didn't know how strong I am until life or death forced me to pick up the girl in front of me's suitcase and throw it so we could move out of the way. I climbed onto the first car of the train that I could, and turns out it was first class. I sat in the luggage compartment for awhile and finally saw a few empty seats. So...I am sitting in first class, enjoying the comfort, waiting for someone to come tell me I have to return to the luggage rack. A crazy start to the vacation, but hey...first class and the sun is shining. Not too shabby for a poor Bes language student.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

2 comments:

notpoems said...

"the whole world"...love it. :-)

notpoems said...

p.s. enjoy your vacances!